Going green – Nowadays, several environmental conservation and protection activities are being done to save our mother Earth. Simple habits, such composting, conserving water, and consuming less energy are some of the ways to help make the world a better place.
One of the common options in shifting into the sustainable lifestyle is by using the solar energy. However, many people think that solar panels are expensive. Fortunately, there are various affordable options when it comes to the prices of solar panels in the Philippines and around the world.
Though, opting for solar energy is not the only option when you want to start living a sustainable life. Several cost-effective options are available because going green does not need to be expensive. Are you ready to go green? Below is a list of economical alternatives in shifting in the greener lifestyle.
To make your home an energy-efficient house, follow the simple tips below.
- Even though there is a notion that solar panels are pricy, there are several solar panels available at a very reasonable price. Check websites, such as Lazada and OLX to look for more options.
- If solar panels are not your choice, you can choose compact fluorescent light (CFL). This type of bulb has a high quality of light but energy saving one. On the other hand, you can use light-emitting diodes (LED) bulb which last even longer that CFL.
- Turn off home appliances, such as TV and computer when not in use.
- Use a multi-socket extension when plugging your home appliances. Doing this will save you energy consumption by 15%.
Frequently, our landfill is composed of plastics. To help send less plastic trash in the landfill, start doing the following sustainable habits.
- To avoid using plastic cups, use glasses when drinking.
- Invest in a stainless water bottle and stop buying bottled water. It will also help you save money.
- Bring eco or cloth bags when going to the grocery store to minimize the purchase of plastic bags.
- When buying condiments or toiletries, opt for products that are packaged in a glass instead of the plastic ones. Moreover, you can reuse the glass containers afterwards.
Recycle, Reuse, and Reduce
One of the common habits when you want to go green is by doing recycling, reusing, and reducing. Here is some of the stuff at home that can be recycle, reuse, and reduce.
- If you still have plastic bags at home, don’t throw it away. You can use it as a shopping bag when going to a grocery store.
- The empty bottles and cans in your house still have a purpose. You can use it as a container or storage for your kitchen seasonings, art and school materials, or pot for your plants.
- One of the easiest stuff to reuse is your clothes. Do not throw away those worn out and old clothes. Your old shirt can be converted into a shopping bag.
- An old magazine and newspaper is still useful in the household. You can create gift bags using magazines.
Conserving and protecting our Mother Earth does not need to be expensive. There are various alternatives to follow to start practicing the greener lifestyle. We do not need to spend huge of money to make our environment a better place to live in.