Five Creative Ways To Decorate Your Bedroom With Flowers
(photo source: wallpapersafari.com)
Flowers are often used in celebrations like wedding, birthday parties, family gatherings, funerals and many more. They are usually presented in a glamourous and bizarre way to attract the eyes of people. Flowers are seen in households as well. Almost every home has flower decorations. But making flower arrangements for your room is a different thing. Your room is your haven and you want it to look good all the time. If you are planning on creating flower designs for your room then you are definitely on the right page. Listed below are the six creative ways to decorate your room with flowers.
1. Adjust To The Room
Ask yourself: What is the style of my room? How will I complement my flower decorations with the way my room was presented? You need to have an action plan. If your room is styled in a minimalist way, then you should pick bright or dark colored flowers. If your room is made of old-school wood, go for white colored flowers. Here’s the tip: Your flower arrangement should blend in with the style of your humble room.
2. Consider Color Combinations
Do your research regarding combining flowers. There are some mix of colors that are not appealing to the eyes. Make sure that the proper combination is followed. See the list below for reference.
- Secondary Colors – includes the colors Purple, Green and Orange.
- Tertiary Colors – where primary and secondary colors are combined.
- Monochromatic – you can use a single color with different tones and shades.
3. Avoid Colored Vases
Colored vases will do no good for your flower decorations. Sure it is striking in the eyes but the main purpose on why you should avoid using colored vases is for the colored flowers to stand out. If you have colorful flowers, choose a white or transparent vase so that your flower arrangement will stand out. But if you opt for colored vases then just use white flowers to fill them in.
4. Mix Real and Artificial Flowers
This is probably one of the greatest tips you could ever follow. If you are short in budget and you only have a limited number of real flowers, you can use your artificial flowers to add up to the flower decoration you are making. This is a hack that will benefit your flower arrangement because the artificial flowers will surely blend with the real ones and nobody would ever notice if they’re real or not. What’s important is that your are making the most out of what you have in order to decorate your room.
5. Adjust To The Season
Choose flowers that would blend in with the weather. See the list below for reference.
- Spring – Corn flower, Dahlia, Hollyhock, Hyacinth, Larkspur, Casa Blanca Lily, Gloriosa Lily, Stargazer, Lilac, Agapanthus, Apple blossom, Bird of Paradise, Brodea, Calla lily, Cherry Blossom, Lisianthus, Narcissus, Orchid, Peony, Phlox, Poppy, Rose, Seeded Eucalyptus, Solidago, Statice, Stephanotis, Stock, Sweet Pea, Tulip, Wax flower, Zinnia.
- Summer – Heather, Hydrangea, Hypericum, Iris, Lilac, Casa Blanca Lily, Gloriosa Lily, Star Gazer, Alchemilla, Allium, Alstromeria, Amaranthus, Baby’s Breath , Bird of Paradise, Calla lily, Campanula, Carnation, Chrysanthemum, Freesia, Gardenia, Genista, Ginger, Gladiolus, Lisianthus.
- Fall – Gerbera Daisy, Ginger, Helleborus, Holly berry, Orchid, Acashia, Alstromeria, Amaryllis, Carnation, Chrysanthemums, Cyclamen, Evergreens, Pansy, Pepperberry, Phlox, Protea, Queen Ann’s Lace, Roses, Star of Bethlehem, Statice.
- Winter – Cape Primrose, Glory of the Snow, Primrose Flower, Christmas Cactus Plant, Jasmine Plant, African Violet Plants, Cyclamen, Moth Orchid, Amaryllis Flower, Flowering Maple, Poinsettia Plants, Snowdrop Flower, Christmas Rose, Kaffir Lily, Squill, Coralberry, Kalanchoe Plant, Winter Aconite, Crocus in the Snow, Lady Slipper Orchids, Witch Hazel.
Decorating your own room with flowers doesn’t have to mean spending tons on luxurious things. You only have to know a few simple ways in order to bring out the best in your bedroom. In the end, the decision will still be up to you. But if you follow what’s written above, everything will fall into place and you will not be disappointed.
Author bio: Mark Aldrin Hipolito is a writer for Fleur de Flo, an Australian business that offers new form of artistically creative flower arrangements. Mark helps in raising awareness and giving information about the hacks and techniques that may be used in flower arrangements.